Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Another Friday Night Sew IN!!

Crazy busy getting ready for the Holidays????  Only a few days left to go and I only have a couple more small gifts to buy.  I participated in another Friday night sew in... it was fun and I did get a quilt finished quilted and bound!  Well, my sister actually pieced it... this is a gift for our niece, Jaycie.  She is a teenager now and we thought this was a more grown up quilt for her.
Opposites Attract by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
find pattern here


I also did more work on the Quilts for Kids quilt blocks.  I had fabric left over from the first set that I made and decided to make four more blocks.  
I still need to trim them down and then sew the units together (there will be two grey blocks and two black blocks)... I love this pattern.  Whodathunk that half square triangles would look so cool!

Its time to step away from the computer and change over the laundry.  I will be working on my other nieces quilt this afternoon and yes... my sister pieced it and I will be layering it and quilting it.  If I am fast enough I will be binding it too.  We will be celebrating Christmas with the family on Friday.  Time to suit up with my quilting mojo!

No comments:

Post a Comment