Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Wonderland

It has been a while since I have written anything, so I thought I would take a few moments this morning before I head to my sewing room to write a couple of thoughts. 
We are anxiously awaiting a big snow storm that is due to arrive at any moment.  The winds have picked up, the temps are dropping and my excitement level is rising.  I am excited to get to have my son at home, captive, for a couple of days!  He may not like it, but I sure do! ( giggles)   He is so busy with wrestling that I only get to see him for a couple of hours each evening.  Most of that time is spent doing homework...so I thank God for snowdays!!
What have I been up to?  I have been slowly working on a postage stamp quilt quilt-a-long but will pick up speed today as the top has to be completed by Thursday if I want to be eligible for a prize!  I love to sew under pressure.
I am also creating a doll quilt design for my swap partner, Jenn, of Purpleheart Ori"jenn"als.  I am excited to say that I have the colors worked out and have an idea as to what I want the pattern to be... I will work on the EQ7 later to actually put the layout on paper...  I will spend days creating in my head before I ever pick up a pencil to draw it out or hop on the computer to play with EQ7.
So today will be a creative day, a day of bonding with my son and a day for total respect for Nature.  I am thankful for a furnace that is working, a full refridgerator, my family as always, my friends..as always, but today I am especially thankful that I don't have to go to work and that I have my shovel all ready to go!
Today I will be living in wonderment!  I will share pictures as the winter storm progresses!

1 comment:

  1. Well I will live in wonderment with you too....once I get home! :o) Very sweet post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete