I have had this lovely in the works for only a couple of years. All I had left to do, as I had started working on this again earlier in the week, was to hand sew the binding on the back of the quilt. Now it is complete and hanging on my wall in the living room just in time for Halloween!
Last year I had purchased this lovely little kit and pattern called "Half to Have My Sister" by Bloomin Minds. I added the borders to this and then layered the batting. Next is to stitch down the applique, and embroider the phrase "sometimes I miss my sister". This little wall-hanging really makes me laugh. I was telling a girl at work about it but she didn't get the connection between the phrase and the witches legs.... So I had to explain it to her not once, not twice, not even three times! By the fourth time, she finally got it. But by then it wasn't funny.
I digress, as I was too tired to sew anymore and not wanting to rip out seams like my sister did (hehe) I picked out some fabric for a Christmas pillow I want to make. It has this lovely embroidery in the center which will go on the white fabric, followed by the red ric-rac then the aqua border, and the red striped fabric(cut on bias) is the piping.
|The pattern is #411 Vintage Candy Cane Snowman by Crab*apple Hill|
Another project, which cannot be counted in the FNSI because I finished it earlier this week, was as stitchery unearthed from its fabric grave. I just thought it was to stinkin' cute not to share with you. All I had to do to finish this fright of a pillow was stitch around the applique and finish the door to the house. Then I added borders and made an envelope pillow cover with it. Since my measurements were a bit off, which is really par for the course.. I made lemonade! LOL I had a creative opportunity presenting itself and I ran with it. A loooooong time ago I had heard how to make your own pillow forms and had purchased the materials, which like a lot of my projects, were sitting in my closet and I did just that. I will have to blog about that later, but the pillow form with the new spooktacular pillow cover turned out beautifully and I wonder why it took so long for me to finish this.
|I got this stitchery pattern from a little booklet. I will have to scrounge to find it so I can give you the info.|