Monday, November 21, 2011

Apple PIe

So the other day I was feeling quite like Betty Crocker and decided to make an apple pie. It is the season after all.  And nothing gets you baking like a promise to your co-workers that you will bring a pie in.

I really wanted to dazzle them with my skill so I went to the store to see if I could buy some... skill that is.. LOL  Well, I couldn't find skill so I bought some granny smith apples and Pillsbury role out pie dough instead.  I didn't make my pie crust from scratch since my son used my rolling pin to kill a mouse..... YUCK!  I am in the market for a new one if you have any recommendations.

I do have some gadgets that I like to use when baking.... and all of them are from pampered chef.  I just love their stuff!  My friend Angie is a consultant so if you are interested in ordering some here is her email.....   angie_hilkin@yahoo.com.. just tell her I sent you!  No, I won't get any rewards for the referral... but success sometimes comes with a little help from our friends and we could all use that, right?!
Are you ready to see the pictures????   Well, wait no longer .. here they are!
                         This handy little contraption in the apple slicer, peeler, corer.
                          It is worth every penny even if you only bake once a year.
                           I had 6 apples peeled, sliced and cored in less than 5 minutes.
                           and that included the  time it took to take the pictures of the
                            process!

                                              I love the stringy peel!
                  The prepared apple!  Just a little peel remains but that is easily cut off in
                     just a matter of seconds...or you can just leave it and bake it into the pie.
I used some fun little cookie cutters, I actually think they are for cheese but I used them to cut
the crust.  Fancy Pants, I know.  LOL


 Now I have to tell you about another giveaway that is currently going on.  It is over at
Kammy's Korner.  She is giving away a Cutting Edge stencil..of your choice up to a $50 value. I really want to win, but in order for me to increase my chances I have to blog about it.... But I would like you to win too!  I know you would share with me, just I like I would you!  LOL





This is one of my favorites.  There are so many on the website. Just click and go 
see what they have. You may be surprised at what all they use stencils on!  You should see what Kammy did with hers! 


 So head on over to Kammy's and enter the giveaway now.  Heck,
while you are there you really should check out her blog.. she is very talented and has
a keen eye for design.  
Unfortunately I have laundry up the wazoo today so I better get off the computer and get to work. Nothing makes you feel more creative than a clean house and clean clothes!
Have yourself a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. hope your pie went down well it looks delish !!and what a busy day and house work too going over to look at kammy !!
    enjoy your thanksgiving !!

    ReplyDelete