Thursday, March 10, 2011

For a moment, I thought it was Monday!!! But its not! :~( lol

This is the final teaser pick for my Doll Quilt Swap partner, Jenn.   I will post the real picture up after she has received it and loved it (i hope.. wink, wink)  So Monday should be the day, but more than likely I will post on Wednesday....  
On another note.... I have been busy spoiling myself.  Yep, you know how it goes, get a tax refund and go shopping.. isn't that how it is supposed to go???  LOL    I was responsible and put 1/3 into savings first payed some bills and now to spoil myself.  I did spoil my son a little as well... but for me, I bought a Zune HD 16GB.  It's like the Ipod, but a lot cheaper.  Talk about fun!  I am still learning all the features and how to use it but what fun!  In an age of Ipods, Ipads and all those fun gadgets, it is time I got with the game.  So with the help of my trusty BF, I was guided towards my purchase...that was fun, but the real treat was my new sewing machine!!!  Yeah!!!   
No, I didn't splurge and get a real pricey one with all the bells and whistles.. I already have something like that.. my favorite Janome 6600P, but it is sooo heavy and to lug it to classes, retreat and charity sewing days, well, it was just a bit cumbersome.  So I got myself the side kick, Janome 760 Platinum. Did I mention it was on sale for 1/2 price?!! woohoooo!   A big shout out to The Cottage Rose in Marion, Iowa!  It only weighs 12 pounds!  So lightweight, has the needle threader and needle-down features and more stitches on it than I will use.  And now, when I take my other machine in for service... which it is over due for...  I won't be without a machine!  YEAH ME!!!!!  giggles
I hope everyone has a blessed day!!  Lets go out and make a difference!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I can't wait to receive it. I LOVE the colors!! Congrats to you on your new toys too. Sounds like alot of fun. We're still waiting for our refund. Can't wait to tackle some of the things on our "Refund Need/Want" list. Soon! Take care - Jenn

    ReplyDelete